Head officed in Manchester, Crookes Walker Consulting are an experienced team of like-minded engineers, working together to design building services which are innovative, efficient and sustainable for the construction sector.
We were approached via the Business Growth Hub to help them design and develop a new website that served two main purposes.
- Support the consideration and decision making stages of a prospect’s journey through a knowledge base of resources.
- Demonstrates that CWC are a leader in their field through engineering website design and content.
All this against a backdrop of competition world class firms such as Hoare Lea, Buro Happold and Arup. It was vital the new website demonstrated that CWC are on the cutting edge of engineering website design technology.
The opportunities identified were to:
- Build the authority of CWC as a leader, through an improved content journey.
- Strengthen their proposition in the market with a unique brand and website proposition.
- Improve perception with potential clients with a more engaging and consistent website visual language.
- Increase awareness of CWC as leaders through effective SEO that widened the reach of their content.
The project began with a discovery session to find out:
What has instigated the timing of this project?
Please explain the products and services that you provide. Is there a particular area you are looking to expand upon / grow?
What are the business priorities over the short to medium term? How do you see marketing supporting these priorities?
The market you operate in / competition
- What is your primary source of lead generation?
- Why do you tend to win business? Why do you tend to lose out?
- Who are your main competitors? How familiar are you with their positioning / marketing? Please each come armed with a competitor and what you like about their comms/ website.
Customers / Audience
- How are your customers segmented? Who is the priority?
- Please share any documentation or a high level description of your key audience personas prior to the call.
- Where do you feel the website could improve to support your buyer’s decision-making journey?
- What are the specific design requirements, and do we have brand guidelines? Please share any guideline documentation.
- What are the mandatory technical integrations (CRM etc).
- Features and functionality, new pages.
- Content production and SEO.
From this point we progressed to site map and website architecture, wireframe design and creative and ultimately development. Created in modules in WordPress, the CMS is both easy to update and maintain for the client.